Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Marsh is committed to protecting the privacy of Internet users who visit Marsh's web site, located at me.marsh.com (the “Site”).
The information gathered by Marsh from this Site falls into two categories: (1) information voluntarily supplied by visitors to our Site and (2) tracking information gathered as visitors navigate through our Site.
Information Voluntarily Provided By You
When using this Site, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. For example, you may provide us your e-mail address to request information, or you may send us your mailing address so we may send you the material you have requested. Any Personal Information that you send us will be used only for the purpose indicated on the Site or in this policy. We may also use your information to provide you with information about other services and products that are offered by Marsh or our affiliated companies that we think may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to be contacted by us, please see the section titled “Opting-Out” below.
Discussion Forum and Chat Room Use
If you participate in a Marsh discussion forum or chat room, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made available to Marsh employees and other users of the service. Also, please recognise that the individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of Marsh.
Disclosure or Use of Personal Information
- In the normal course of performing services for our clients, information may be shared within Marsh &McLennan Companies and may be used both for research and statistical purposes and crime prevention. It may be transferred to any country, including countries outside the European Economic Area, for any of these purposes and for systems administration. It may also be used to provide our clients with information about products and services that we believe could be of interest, by post, by telephone, e-mail, or other means. When our clients supply us with information containing third party personal data (names, addresses, or other information relating to living individuals), we will hold and use that data to perform general insurance and other services for those clients on the understanding that the individuals to whom the data relates have been informed of the reason(s) for obtaining the data and the fact that it may be disclosed to third parties such as Marsh & McLennan Companies.
- Agents and Service Providers. We sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on our behalf, such as hosting this Site, sending e-mail messages and making phone calls on our behalf. They may have access to Personal Information, such as addresses, needed to perform their functions, but are restricted from using it for purposes other than providing services for Marsh.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either Marsh itself or substantially all of Marsh assets were acquired, your Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets.
- Marsh may preserve and has the right to disclose without your prior permission any information about you or your use of this Site if Marsh has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) Protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Marsh & McLennan Companies, employees, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) Enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this Site, or (c) Respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. We may also disclose information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Information Storage and Security
Information Related to Employment
This Site may provide an opportunity to submit your curriculum vitae or an application form to us or apply for a position through this Site. If you submit information for such purposes, we will use (which may include transferring) the Personal Information you provide to evaluate your qualifications and contact you regarding any positions at Marsh or any of its affiliated companies in which we believe you may be interested.
Marsh (Middle East) Ltd Is Not Interested In Minors
You must be at least 18 years old and possess the legal authority to form legally binding contracts under applicable law to use this Site and the services provided on it. Marsh does not knowingly collect Personal Information from those under the age of 18. In an instance where such information was collected, it would be purely accidental and unintentional. Marsh encourages parents to discuss the Internet with their children and monitor Personal Information that a child may provide via the Internet.
Marsh Middle East – Compliance, P.O.Box 64057, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
2) Opting Out: If when using this Site, you have previously furnished us with contact information but now do not want to receive further communications which are not necessary to provide you with services, please let us know by using the Contact Us form.